4 Secret Tips for Buying a Used Rolex
You want a Rolex.
You deserve a Rolex.
Even if you don’t know diddley squat about watches you’d know that Rolex
watches are among the most expensive timepieces in the world. Whether they’re
worth their stratospheric price tag could be debated for hours. But one thing
is for certain – if you want an authentic Rolex, you’re going to have to shell
out some big bucks.
Is that really true?
Although Rolex watches hold their value fairly well, it’s possible to find some good deals on authentic used Rolex watches. But you have to beware that you’re getting the real thing and not a good looking impostor.
So how can you be sure that the used Rolex you’re looking at is the real thing? Every day hundreds of innocent, unsuspecting buyers get ripped off online, in private transactions and even in jewelry stores.
At Great Guy Life we love luxury watches and we are Rolex owners. We’ve found some amazing authentic Rolex watches in some unusual places. But how do you determine whether that shiny monster in your hands is the real McCoy?
There’s probably no other watch on the planet that garners the amount
of admiration as Rolex watches. Everything from their design, to their custom
movements to the price screams quality.
And it’s because of this outrageous popularity that makes Rolex watches one of the most copied brands around. While these copies were mostly sold on city streets by shady operators, there’s a whole host of companies that have cropped up on the Internet that deal exclusively in high quality, Rolex replica watches.
Many of these vendors are up front about their products being replicas. But
let’s be real – the internet is full of sites that advertise these
fakes as authentic Rolex watches at super discount prices. We have found some
great sellers of authentic Rolexes on Ebay and would
like to share their offerings with you (below.)
Four Secrets Even Your Jeweler Doesn’t Know
At Great Guy Life we strive to give you the best info that even professionals sometimes don’t know. With so much of your money riding on the deal we want you to find the perfect Rolex that’s just right for you. And there’s nothing worse than discovering days, months, or even years later that the timepiece you forked over serious cash for is a phony. Man that burns!
Fortunately, we’ve gotten the inside scoop from Rolex dealers, master watchmakers, and yes, fake makers, and can give you some tips that could save you both big bucks and big heartaches.
We’ve discovered a number of easy ways to tell an authentic Rolex watch from a counterfeit. And you need to be aware of these secrets if your intention is to purchase an authentic Rolex timepiece.
• Secret Tip #1 Casebacks – many fake Rolex watches have a clear back that allows you to see the inner workings of the watch. Rolex never has made a watch with a clear back.
• Secret Tip #2 Holograms – real Rolex watches
leave the factory with a Hologram-encoded sticker on the back of the watch.
This hologram can be identified by the trademark crown sitting above the watch’s
reference number. These hologram stickers change their appearance by viewing
it from different angles. While fake watches might have stickers on the back,
they’re usually not true holograms and don’t change appearance.
• Secret Tip #3 Triplock Crown Seals – Many Rolex models, like the Submariner, Sea-Dweller and Daytona, use an extra seal within the threads of the winding crown’s tube. The gasket looks like a small o-ring and can be seen if you fully unscrew the winding crown. Most fake Rolex watches don’t have this extra seal and of the ones that do, it’s not a functioning seal.
• Secret Tip #4 Micro-Etched Crystal – Authentic Rolex watches now feature the crown logo etched into the crystal at the 6 o’clock position. The mark is very small and hard to see without the use of a loupe or magnifying glass.
5 More Scam-busting Secrets You Need To Know
We’ve shared 4 of the 9 secret tips we’ve discovered for detecting a fake Rolex. These 9 secrets could save you thousands of dollars and untold heartache and disappointment. We know they work because we’ve used these secrets ourselves. Let’s be real, we all want to find a real Rolex at a swap meet, house sale or thrift store. And guess what? It does happen. Armed with the knowledge in this report you could be the next person to find that hidden gem.
This report is jammed full with great info. We give you tips on buying online.
Tips on evaluating auction offerings. We even let you in on a little known way
to buy a new Rolex at a big discount. We could sell this report for $19.95 and
believe me we may do so in the future. But right now for a limited time this
report is absolutely free, just by clicking
on this link:
Below are some great deals on genuine used Datejust Rolexes under
$3500! from our trusted sellers on Ebay.com:
And don’t think that its just back alley scammers and online rip-offs who are trying to grab your cash and run.
Let us tell you a little story.
About two years ago we went out to meet an older man who had been collecting antique music boxes. He was getting on in years and wanted to sell off some of his collection. We were interested buyers. While looking at his collection, he mentioned that he had some watches for sale as well. Our interest perked up when he mentioned the name Rolex. Out came a familiar green box filled with authentic looking paperwork. Inside was a shiny stainless steel Datejust. Boy was he proud about how he’d bought that watch for $600 from a dealer at one of these big outdoor antique markets. Because he never wore the watch and was getting rid of things he wouldn’t be using, he told us he’d sell it to us for what he paid.
Now $600 for a stainless steel Datejust is quite a deal. Don’t think
our hearts weren’t racing just a little bit as we picked up that watch.
Below are some great deals on genuine used Submariner Rolexes under
$3500! from our trusted sellers on Ebay.com:
But almost instantaneously, we turned him down.
Because secret tips number six and seven screamed out to us that this watch was a fake. The man had been had. Someone had ripped him off.
And you know what, we didn’t have the heart to tell him. We just smiled and said that it wasn’t for us.
Because of the limited availability and high-price of authentic Rolex watches,
the market for fakes is booming. In addition to shady street vendors, there
are now “reputable” online retailers who specialize in selling very
real looking replicas. But now there’s no longer any reason to be ripped
off by these unscrupulous scammers. Learn the real secrets of identifying a
fake Rolex and you’ll never have to worry about falling prey to rip off
Luxury Watch Search Terms:
- buying a used rolex (67)how to buy a used rolex (34)buy used rolex (24)used rolex (21)buying used rolex (20)used rolexes (16)used rolex watches for sale ebay (15)are $600 swiss replica rolexes worth it (13)tips on buying a used rolex (12)Used Genuine used for sale submariner (10)how to buy used rolex (6)used rolex watches (3)buying used rolex watches (2)used rolex watches for sale (2)used rolex watches on ebay (2)used rolex mens watch for sale in malaysia (1)best place to get a used rolex watch for a good price in new york (1)used rolex watches for sale on ebay (1)used rolex watches ottawa canada (1)best place to buy used rolex watches (1)value of buying a rolex watch (1)what to look for when buying used rolex (1)what type of used which rolex should i buy (1)where should i buy a rolex watch in Jamaica? (1)where the best store to get a good deal on a used rolex stainless steel watch (1)buy a rolex on credit (1)is it worth buying a used rolex (1)buyers of used rolex (1)do real rolexes need calibration (1)good deals on rolex watches (1)how do you know if a preowned watch is authentic (1)advise on buying a rolex clone (1)buying a used rolex what to watch out for (1)how to buy used rolexes (1)how to get best deal on used rolex (1)how to get into dealing collectible watches (1)howtobuyusedrolex (1)buying a used rolex watch (1)real rolex watches discounted prices (1)refurbished rolexes for sale (1)Siri can you find me a used Rolex for sale please (1)where to buy a rolex (1)
No related posts.